This policy explains the cookies that may be set as a result of your visiting this site.
Cookies are small files which sit on your computer and record specific interactions between you and this website, and in some cases, other websites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but within your web browser you can choose to accept or decline cookies for any web site. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline all cookies if you prefer, or accept or decline on a case-by-case basis. The Information Commissioner's Office Advice for Members of the Public tells you how to control cookies. Bear in mind that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of websites.
The cookies used on this site are there to:
- Measure how you use the website so we can improve it - Google Analytics
- Improve user experience - YouTube embedded videos.
- Allow social bookmarking
Cookies used on this site do not collect personal information.
Our website uses session cookies which are necessary for it to operate correctly. The information collected is:
- Session ID - just a unique reference for your visit
- IP address - the unique identifier of your connection
- Your user agent - what browser / operating system you're using
- Last activity - the last moment you did something on the site within this visit
- Language choice - your choice of language to view the website
- Itinerary - If you create an itinerary of events on the site, this selection is also stored in a session cookie
This site runs Google Analytics, which uses four cookies for tracking visitors to the site.
- These cookies store information about what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
- No data specific to any identifiable user is retained, and we do not share our data with any other Google services.
- With the values gained from these cookies Google Analytics can interpret journeys through our website content, give us information about how people use our site and so present an opportunity to improve it.
- Due to shortcomings in Google Analytics the cookies for www.study.cam.ac.uk are returned to any web site in .cam.ac.uk. We believe that the Google Analytics code on these other sites will ignore these extra cookies.
- Google Analytics information about privacy and cookies may be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html and https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
- As a user you may opt out of the process Google Analytics uses to collect traffic log data (should your web browser be compatible). Google provides a browser add-on that enables a user to opt out of receiving Google Analytics cookies - http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- All data collected by this method is anonymous, and a visitor’s IP address is not reported to Google. All Google Analytics cookies start with 'utm'.
Links to other websites